TUFLOW 2012-05 Release
The 2012-05 release includes a range of new features, some nice enhancements to the 2D solver, and bug fixes. The release has been extensively tested internally and externally, and to the UK EA 2D Benchmark models. It has consistently shown performance improvements to all types of models, especially simulations that utilise direct rainfall, dambreak type inflows and simulations utilising the automatic manhole feature. The changes include:
- Enhanced wetting algorithm that provides significant improvement to inflows on steep areas (eg. direct rainfall models), whilst maintaining low mass error, greater stability and often larger timesteps, without needing to use TUFLOW’s shallow depth stability and mass balance corrector features.
- Enhanced treatment of the 2D solution when transitioning between downstream and upstream controlled 2D flow regimes, resulting in improved stability and lower mass error.
- Enhancements and minor bug fixes in the automatic sizing and treatment of manholes.
- Full support for US Customary (English) Units for the USA market.
- Range of minor enhancements, new features such as infiltration, and bug fixes.
The default settings have been set to utilise the enhancements, therefore, some differences in results will occur compared with previous releases. A backward compatibility command is provided.