TUFLOW Forum
ta007

HPC Souce Inflows

I am currently testing existing regional flood models using the HPC solver. Most of these models have source inflows applied using traditional SA inflows.

While switching to the HPC solver in the control files is easy - overcoming the limit applied to source inflows on individual cells (4 source inflows in total) becomes problematic, especially when the messages layer in the log files does not show specifically where there are too many inflows applied.

Can anyone suggest a quick workaround?

Hi,

Hopefully someone else will have better suggestions. I can't think of a quick/full solution to your problem, but have some ideas on how to look at it.

I would start by using the bcc_check file to see how often this happens. You can use your GIS to do a spatial join for this file and the "grid_check" file. This will give you the cell FID or n, m values. Try counting how many cells have more than 4 inflows applied. If there aren't too many, you could create combined versions of inflows that commonly overlap (SA1 + SA2) and use the combined curve where the polygons overlap (determine overlap using GIS files).

I hope this gives you some ideas. If not, hopefully someone else chimes in with other ideas.

Hi,

I was having the same issues as user ta007 with TUFLOW HPC resulting in the following error:

'NoXY: ERROR 2443 - Exceeded limit of more than 4 different source inflows on a single cell for HPC Solver.'

Overlapping SA inflow sources on a grid cell can be found by:

1.) Spatially joining the TUFLOW check table 'grd_check' and the SA polygon file to create a new table; AND

2.) Counting how many times each n and m cell combination occur in the new table (i.e. count how many times a grid cell is repeated in the new table).

Hope this helps.