TUFLOW Forum
Jenny

QGIS TUFLOW PLUGIN ERROR WHEN PLOTTING FLUX

Hello,

I am trying to use the TUFLOW plugin flux plot tool to plot flow from the xmdf's depth layer. I followed the example shown in the TUFLOW wiki: https://wiki.tuflow.com/index.php?title=TUFLOW_Viewer#Plotting_Flow

Drawing the flux line works fine, but when I right click to end the line, it either displays zero for the entire time period, or produces the python error copied below. This occurs for a line drawn on both the max depth result and depth at a time. There should be data there, as the PO line shows a hydrograph. I tried this in a blank QGIS map, with projection set and xmdf projection set, and in my working QGIS file. I tried this with multiple xmdf results files.

QGIS version: 3.8.2

TUFLOW plugin version: 3.0.4.1

Output is xmdf results every 30 min for 24hrs; other TUFLOW plugin viewing utilities (cross section, timeseries) work well

TypeError: 'float' object is not subscriptable

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/Users/jmital/AppData/Roaming/QGIS/QGIS3\profiles\default/python/plugins\tuflow\tuflowqgis_tuviewer\tuflowqgis_tuflowline.py", line 255, in rightClick
    self.createMemoryLayer()
  File "C:/Users/jmital/AppData/Roaming/QGIS/QGIS3\profiles\default/python/plugins\tuflow\tuflowqgis_tuviewer\tuflowqgis_tuflowline.py", line 330, in createMemoryLayer
    worked = self.tuPlot.tuPlot2D.plotFlowFromMap(None, feat)
  File "C:/Users/jmital/AppData/Roaming/QGIS/QGIS3\profiles\default/python/plugins\tuflow\tuflowqgis_tuviewer\tuflowqgis_tuplot2d.py", line 602, in plotFlowFromMap
    velMag = velDataValue[0]
TypeError: 'float' object is not subscriptable