TUFLOW Forum
DrBunsen

HPC - ERROR 2066 - Weighting factors do not add up to 1.0

Full message: 

ERROR 2066 - Weighting factors do not add up to 1.0 at connections to 1D Nodes Unidentified and Unidentified

This is from a HPC model that uses Quadtree. The set up is that which I have used in a classic model to have a spatially and temporally varying boundary at the edge of a 2D domain (the bank of another watercourse, in this case).   So there is a HX line and CN points in a 2D bc layer, a 1D network of nodes and a 1D layer of HT nodes. The set up seems to work when the model is switched to Classic.

The messages are accompanied by a single "ERROR 2061 - Could not find a CN connection snapped to the end of HX line.  HX Name ="  at one end of the HX line.  The 2066 error messages don't have a geographical location and there are 24 of them (which is similar to the number of cells under the boundary).  The 2061 message points to one end of the HX line.  

I've tried a few things - including ensuring that each node on the boundary is within a cell that is selected in the BCC check file and applying a Quadtree Nesting Polygon along the boundary to ensure a consistent cell size is present under the boundary. I've also reduced the size of the boundary to a simpler, two node HX line with the same result. 

First question: is this kind of boundary possible in HPC?

If it is, are there any tips on how to make it work?!

Hi there,

I don't know if this is either definitively a thing or the source of your problem, but I've had a bit of trouble using CN points recently; maybe they're a thing HPC doesn't like? Though I haven't actually noted that correlation, it could easily be a thing. Each time I've had troubles, I've switched out the CN points for a CN line (which has typically meant moving the 1D node(s), as the boundary wants to be where it wants to be) and this has worked.

Your thing could be something completely other though, I don't know... But as an idea that might help, I give you this! Good luck!

Peter.

7 minutes ago, peteraylett said:

Hi there,

I don't know if this is either definitively a thing or the source of your problem, but I've had a bit of trouble using CN points recently; maybe they're a thing HPC doesn't like? Though I haven't actually noted that correlation, it could easily be a thing. Each time I've had troubles, I've switched out the CN points for a CN line (which has typically meant moving the 1D node(s), as the boundary wants to be where it wants to be) and this has worked.

Your thing could be something completely other though, I don't know... But as an idea that might help, I give you this! Good luck!

Peter.

It's got to be worth a try! off I go...

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, peteraylett said:

My thing was this. Bravo! Errors be gone now (note to others, even though they were errors, the model ran, just ignoring the boundary)

Many thanks to Peter

Thank you Peter for the suggestion, great advice. If you or Paul still have the model with CN points that doesn't work well with HPC, please send it to support@tuflow.com and we can investigate if it should work.

Cheers,

Pavlina