TUFLOW Forum
cfrk

MapInfo v10.0

Hi All,

We've just received an update to MapInfo v10.0, (we're currently using 9.5), and I wanted to check that MI Tools (and everything else in Tuflow) is compatible with the new version. Is anyone successfully running v10?

Cheers

Richard

We're now running v.10 - the tools generally work OK but the "batch export .mif" button is missing (probably the tool we use most unfortunately!), and the miTools menu is empty.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for making us aware of the issues. I'm the main developer and manager of the miTools, so will help solve the problem for you.

MapInfo have assured users that MapInfo V10 is compatible with data from previous versions of MapInfo and MapBasic code (ie MBX files). Given the behaviour noted (ie one tool is not loading, but the rest are, and the menu is not populated), I suspect that there may be something wrong with the installation. Could you please check that the tools are installed by referencing only the "C:\BMT_WBM\miTools\miTools.mbx" in the "Startup.wor" file and that there are no tools loaded from MapInfo's Tool Manager. If the batch export still doesn't load, or the miTools menu isn't populated, please contact me via gis_tools@wbmpl.com.au and provide me with your TUFLOW dongle serial number (7 digit number written to the TLF file) so I can look into it for you.

Thanks Richard.

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Richard,

In spite of assurances from MapInfo (Pitney Bowes) regarding backward compatibility, there appears to be a couple of minor 'bugs' introduced with the new MapInfo menu system, which has resulted in the problem with the miTools. MI no longer seems to like "\" in the user defined menu names, even though MI uses them in their own menus and the documentation clearly states that they are still allowed! MI also seems to add the occasional 'separator line' randomly into the menu depending on the order the statements are written in the code (which obviously hasn't been a problem to date). Pitney Bowes are working on a patch to solve these and other 'bugs' in MI 10.0.

In the meantime, I have developed some amended MBX's to get around the problem. I have emailed them to you directly. Please let me know if they work/don't work on your PC.

If anyone else is using MI Pro V10 and requires the MBX's, please email me c/o gis_tools@wbmpl.com.au

Cheers,

Mick